Our Members > Severn Trent Water
Severn Trent Plc is a FTSE 100 company. We provide and treat water and treat waste water in the UK, and internationally, through our two complementary businesses – Severn Trent Water and Business Services.
Severn Trent Water is one of the largest of the 10 regulated water and sewerage companies in England and Wales. We provide high quality services to more than 4.3 million households and businesses in the Midlands and mid-Wales. Here are some other key facts about us:
- c1,000 waste treatment works putting 2.4bn litres of cleaned water back into the environment a day
- 197 reservoirs and bore holes
- 155 water treatment works delivering 1.8bn litres of water a day
- 140,000km of water and waste pipes
- c3,000 employees
- 28% renewable energy generation
We are proud to have maintained the lowest average customer bills in England and Wales for 5 years running, a
position we intend to continue until at least 2020.
Aligned to SWM, we are committed to the long-term sustainable stewardship of the business, the environment, customers and the communities in which we live and work.
SWM contact is Neil Liddell-Young, Renewable Energy Manager, Energy and Climate Change, who is a Board director.