We provide independent, expert advice across all sectors and areas of sustainability
Helping your organisation on its sustainability journey
SWM has been delivering sustainability related consultancy and advisory services for over 20 years, helping a wide range of organisations reach their goals. Our team of in-house experts and associates works with organisations of all sizes and in all sectors across a range of disciplines including energy, waste, net zero, travel, emissions, adaptation and resilience, natural environment, biodiversity, communications and behaviour change.
Whether you need a simple sustainability audit or a complete sustainability strategy, our experts bring deep technical and practical expertise.
Our combined experience spans over 50 years and, through the power of our membership and wider network, we also work in partnership with other organisations where this adds value to our customers.
And don’t let the name fool you, whilst a lot of our work is for organisations based primarily in the West Midlands, we work with customers across the whole of the UK.
Support for your sustainability and net zero ambitions
- Development of your sustainability strategy or action plan to ensure it is deliverable and realistic
- Provision of independent advice on all themes covered by the regional sustainability Roadmap to 2030
- Supporting behaviour change activities across your organisation through engagement workshops and webinars, and appropriate tools and resources
- Training and webinars on personal and organisational sustainability
- Programme delivery and project management
- Provision of advice and support to develop communications that help you tell your sustainability story more effectively to achieve your overall sustainability goals and promote your organisation
Advice on improving your resilience to climate change
- Co-develop a climate change adaptation plan for your organisation.
- Produce a climate change risk assessment and analyse climate projections for your area.
- Provide guidance, tools and resources to help implement your own plans and accelerate implementation.
- Run engagement and/or training sessions and workshops to help embed climate adaptation across your organisation/ local area.
- This slideshow summarises the support we can offer, and click the link below to find out more.
“The input of SWM has been huge in helping set our priorities”Andy Street, Mayor, West Midlands Combined Authority
“It was important to us to work with an independent organisation like SWM who were able to provide honest and realistic recommendations based on their extensive research”Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
“We were impressed by SWM’s ability to synthesise vast amounts of research and stakeholder feedback to develop a series of short, clear recommendations”Committee on Climate Change
“The work SWM has done for us has been fundamental in brokering relationships with LEPs and helping us to strengthen our hand when offering support”Energy Systems Catapult
“The success of the event was also due to SWM’s refreshing and engaging approach to facilitation and their subsequent recommendations were clear, honest and realistic”Environment Agency
“SWM’s ability to convene a structured and action-oriented session will be crucial to enabling us to achieve the strategy’s ambitions”Willmott Dixon
“SWM’s support in the workshop has helped us to determine a series of next steps that will enable us to achieve our ambitious carbon neutral target and tackle climate change”Cheshire East Council
“It has been an absolute pleasure to work with SWM over the last three months. In helping us to produce a regional baseline analysis on climate change, the whole team carried out a huge amount of work within a very tight timescale engaging with multiple officers and councillors across local authorities in the East of England. SWM’s work has given the region a much clearer understanding of our current strengths and where we need to focus our efforts to achieve the best results.”East of England Local Government Association