A Sustainable Transition: From a Linear to Circular Economy – 09/10/19
15:00 – 18:00
Zeeman Building Room MS.03, Warwick University, Coventry, CV4 7HP
An event that will join innovators on the Circular Economy, who are inspiring a change towards a sustainable economic model in the UK.
As part of the International Circular Week, Exergy is co-organising a 3-hour afternoon workshop exploring the idea of circular economy.
The aim of the event is to promote sustainable attitudes of consumers and get inspired from the current initiatives that implement circular business models within UK. The event will serve as a common platform for several stakeholders with similar aim and their desire to move towards a circular thinking approach.
The event will feature innovators and pioneers who are refining and implementing the concept of circular economy, revolutionising the traditional linear unsustainable economic model within UK. Audience will have the opportunity to listen or share their inspiring stories, business and technical challenges and motivation.
- Circular Economy Research Network (CERN)
- Oakdene Hollins
- Define circular economy and discuss the challenges of transitioning from linear to circular business model
- Present case studies of business start-up ideas that illuminate the path into a sustainable value chain
- Understand the challenges of product/service design (modularity, material selection, economic feasibility).
Participants have the opportunity to:
- Network with circular economy experts and entrepreneurs that implement circular economy concept in their business model.
- Get inspired and learn about innovative circular economy initiatives (market opportunities and main challenges);
- Discuss policy recommendations for transitioning from linear to circular economy.
Business representatives; Entrepreneurs; Non-governmental organizations; Investors; Policy makers; University students and staff; Government/council representatives.