Friday 20 November 2009 (subsequent sessions on 4 December 2009 and 14 January 2010)
10:00am – 4:00pm
77 Paradise Circus, Queensway, Birmingham, B1 2DT
in partnership with the Regional Adaptation Partnership
This workshop is specifically aimed at the Risk Managers of LSP partners and Sustainable Development or Climate Change Officers.
We are particularly keen for staff from all partners within an LSP to attend the workshop and joint learning sessions together to enable shared planning and development.
The event itself
The workshop will showcase how some localities in the West Midlands are developing systems to incorporate climate change risk into existing systems and will introduce climate impacts and the principles of adaptation to Risk Managers from all partnership agencies. It will also provide the chance to develop a shared plan for implementing the ideas that have been discussed with follow-up support during the two joint learning sessions.
The workshop will:
- Introduce climate impacts and the principles of adaptation to Risk Managers from all partnership agencies
- Define the role of risk managers in driving Level 2 of National Indicator 188 and their relationship with climate change lead officers
- Provide all risk managers with clear understanding of UK Climate Impacts Programme’s (UKCIP) climate change scenarios and know how to apply them to their local circumstances
- Develop common understanding of the relationship between climate impacts, adaptation actions and risk management across the region and identify possible approaches to climate risk assessment
- Provide the chance to develop a shared plan for implementing the ideas raised during the workshop
How do you attend this event
There is no cost for attending these sessions. To download the Programme and to reserve a place on any of these activities, please visit the .
Contact for further information
Please contact Oliver Goode on 07795 836580 or e-mail him if you want furher details about any of the event.