Carbon Literacy for Interested Organisations – 30/1/20
10:00 – 16:30
Marches Energy Agency
‘I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you for today. The course was so informative, moving, thought-provoking &, for me, will be life changing. A lot of things I already knew have today converged with many other factors – the amazing people that were there, the time we are at, & all made for a powerful day for me personally.’ – Attendee at a Carbon Literacy course run by Marches Energy Agency
- Heard of Carbon Literacy and wondering what it’s all about?
- Want to become Carbon Literate?
- Want to write and deliver your own Carbon Literacy courses for your own organisation or community?
Carbon Literacy will equip you and your organisation to bring about the rapid reduction in carbon emissions required in the next few years by the climate emergency.
This course is suitable for all sectors and, in addition to covering everything you need to become Carbon Literate, will also look at how to begin creating your own course. It’s also a chance to meet others who are involved in Carbon Literacy courses.
Carbon Literacy is defined as “An awareness of the carbon dioxide costs and impacts of everyday activities, and the ability and motivation to reduce emissions, on an individual, community and organisational basis.”
The day will cover:
- Climate change science
- Carbon footprints
- Social equity in relation to climate change
- What you can do to act – both as an individual and at an organisational/community level
- Strategies and skills for communicating action on climate change
- A chance to reflect on the impact climate change is having and will have
- Beginning to write your own course
- How the course can be adapted for your organisation and audience
In order to achieve accreditation you will need to:
- Attend the course (6.5hours)
- Do some work ahead of the course (1.5 hours. Involves watching a documentary and completing an online carbon footprint tool)
- Complete a short written assessment during the course. This will be submitted to the Carbon Literacy Project (CLP). CLP accredits the course and will check your assessment before issuing certificates
Lunch is provided. Please let us know about any dietary requirements.
The venue is a 20 minute walk from Nottingham train station or you can take a tram from the station – alight at Royal Centre. The venue is opposite Victoria Bus Station. There are two NCP car parks nearby.
Please ensure you choose the correct ticket type for your organisation. If the ticket type you require has sold out let us know as we may be able to make more available through Eventbrite.
If you are interested in having this course delivered in your location let us know.