14:00 – 15:00
Following the release of Arup’s latest publication, Establishing a Regional Hydrogen Economy
, we would like to invite you to an online webinar event to explore its key findings which are applicable to any large region.
This was originally due to be held at Arup’s offices, but had to be postponed due to COVID-19 pandemic. We are now happy to announce it has been rescheduled and will be delivered as an online event on Friday 15th May 2020. Once you have registered you will be emailed a link to join the webinar closer to the event date.
This event is aimed at leaders in both the public and private sectors with an interest in decarbonisation, future energy systems, hydrogen production, transport, industry, heating, and/or economic growth.
14.00 Welcome and Introductions
14.05 Five short bursts as follows:
- Introduction to the hydrogen economy and an update on major UK hydrogen projects – Mark Neller, Director at Arup
- Introduction to the South Yorkshire regional energy strategy – Karl Sample, Senior Programme Manager at Sheffield City Region Combined Authority
- Introduction to Cadent and the UK’s Hydrogen Task Force – Angela Needle, Strategy Director at Cadent
- Introduction to ITM Power and hydrogen production – Charles Purkess Director at ITM
- Introduction to the South Yorkshire mapping work, and potential projects going forward – Martha Hart Senior Energy Consultant at Arup
14.30 Q&A Session
You will hear about some of the investment opportunities in the region, discover how you can get involved with our collaborative network and build connections with other like-minded organisations. In light of this we will be sending more communication regarding the event over the next couple of weeks, with an opportunity for you to share your details and your company information if you wish to do so.
The price of hydrogen is set to fall rapidly and there is a huge role for innovation which could take place in the UK. The establishment of a strong hydrogen economy both nationally and locally is a very real opportunity and one that is rapidly becoming within reach. The report presents a pioneering vision for the role hydrogen could play in helping to meet our carbon reduction targets, and how it could contribute to the health and economic prosperity of a region recovering from coronavirus (COVID-19).
Booking and More Information