Facilitation Training Day
Thursday 2 December
St.Ethelburgha’s, 78 Bishopsgate, London EC2N 4AG
Talk Action, supported by environmentjob.co.uk
The event will benefit anyone working with groups of people in formal or informal settings. Whether a novice starting out, or an experienced facilitator wishing to expand on their techniques, the course will be tailored to the participants’ needs.
The event itself
The need for good local engagement is becoming ever more important as work develops around empowerment and the ‘Big Society’.
Local meetings and engagement processes can too often be un-involving, unproductive and even confrontational. Good facilitation can help tackle these problems and help people to make local discussion and planning an enjoyable and productive process. It is also important for the development of better policy and practice, for understanding local needs and developing more sustainable communities.
This interactive course will look closely at the roles a facilitator may play and how and when a facilitator’s role may link in to work on longer term community development. It will build the confidence of anyone keen to be a good facilitator and give them a solid basis on which to develop their own skills.
People attending this course will learn how to:
- How and when to hold meetings and when to use other approaches
- Build a working relationship with an existing organisation or a group of individuals
- Use appropriate tools and techniques
- Develop facilitation work in ways appropriate to a range of diverse communities
- Deal with problematic situations
- Evaluate facilitated processes
The interactive course will also look closely at the roles a facilitator may play and how and when a facilitator’s role may link in to work on longer term community development. It will build the confidence of anyone keen to be a good facilitator and give them a solid basis on which to develop their own skills in the longer term.
How do you attend this event
- Large Charities, Public Sector, and businesses: £288 per person
- Smaller charities and Individuals (under 8 staff) £130 per person
- Subsidised places are available for unemployed/students/pensioners. Please apply in writing to Talk Action, The Grayston Centre, 28 Charles Square, London, N1 6HT.
- Tailored courses can be arranged for groups at a date & location to suit you.
Prices include a vegan/vegetarian lunch, Fair Trade refreshments and networking time with organic wine.
Contact for further information
For bookings and information please contact Talk Action, Tel: 0207 324 4774, Email: email@example.com