Greater Manchester Green Summit – 21-24/09/2020
21-24 September 2020
Greater Manchester Combined Authority
Now in its third year, the Greater Manchester Green Summit 2020 will mark progress made towards the goals of the Five-Year Environment Plan, which include becoming carbon neutral by 2038, improving air quality in the next decade, protecting our natural environment, and building resilience to the effects of climate change.
Under the theme of ‘Taking Action: Today, Tomorrow and Together’, the Green Summit will feature sessions based on four key areas:
- Nature, biodiversity and climate adaptation
- Green transport and energy efficiency
- Circular economy, waste and recycling, and sustainable construction
- Climate change resilience and building back greener
Speakers across the four days will include:
- Emma Howard Boyd- Chair of the Environment Agency
- Prof Brian Cox- Physicist and TV presenter
- Chris Boardman- Olympic gold medallist and Cycling and Walking Commissioner
- John Scanlon, Chief Executive Officer, SUEZ recycling and recovery UK
- Andy Burnham- Mayor of Greater Manchester
Booking and More Information
Each day will feature a series of spotlight sessions on the key themes as well as live events, so you can tailor your day around the areas you are most interested in.
To register please click here.