Growing up Green & Global – 18/9/15
18 September 2015
9:30 – 17:30
Harper Adams University, Newport, Shropshire, TF10 8NB.
Learning 2B Sustainable.
This specialised one-day eductional conference and exhibition for the West Midlands will be focusing on sustainability and global education. It is relevant to all schools and covering all key stages and will:
- Help young people to become 21st Century citizens, involve them in key decision-making and encourage them to develop a social and moral conscience and skills for the future.
- Focused audience with specific interest in environmental and global education matters.
- Examine displays by many organisations specialising in environmental and development education for use in your school.
- Reduce your energy and water costs by up to 15-20% by changing behaviours and for minimal outlay.
- Discover new ways to use natural curiosity and outdoor activities to engage your pupils in their learning.
- Improve awareness of many new career options and qualifications opportunities for young people.
Keynote speakers will include Ann Finlayson, CEO of SE-Ed, Bryan Davies, formerly Head of Sustainable Development at OFSTED, Katy Boom, Director of Environmental Sustainability at the University of Worcester and Jen Baughan, Director, Solutions for the Planet.