Date22 May 2019
LocationEnergy Systems Catapult, 18 The Priory Queensway, 7th Floor, Birmingham, B4 6BS
OrganisersThe ATETA Project – University of Birmingham, Energy Systems Catapult
This free-to-attend workshop (breakfast and lunch included) will help you to understand changes that are occurring in the UK’s energy system and how your business could capitalise on this.
Infrastructure changes and “disruptive” technologies will underpin the transformation of the energy system from a failing carbon economy to a successful clean economy by 2050.
You will find out about the vast projects that span decades and encompass Energy Capital’s five Energy Innovation Zones. This includes:
- heavy industry power systems
- city regeneration, e.g. Smithfield, Curzon and the A45 Corridor
- electric vehicle manufacture and use
- repurposing of the old Rugeley Power Station site
- delivery and operation of HS2
- Midland Connect (regional rail developments)
- hydrogen fuel cell trains on reopened railway lines, e.g. through Moseley
- Midland Metro extensions