09:30 – 16:00
One Great George Street
Energy Systems Catapult
In June 2019, the UK became the first major economy in the world to commit to a ‘Net Zero’ emissions target by 2050.
How can we unleash the innovation needed to achieve this ambitious target?
Energy Systems Catapult has updated its whole systems scenarios
to explore the possible pathways to Net Zero, and how we might get there cost-effectively. While there remain many possible routes, innovation – in technologies, in people’s behaviour and in policy – is essential to whichever path we choose to take.
Your invite to ‘Innovating to Net Zero’
Join us at our flagship event where we will launch and share insights from our updated scenarios, and showcase some of the brilliant companies that are looking to transform the sector.
You’ll also hear from industry experts, Government and consumer bodies on a range of topics, including:
- What are the most important innovations needed for Net Zero?
- How do we create the right markets to scale new products and services that we need?
- How much can we expect from citizens and consumers on the way to Net Zero?
- What market, policy and regulatory changes have to happen in this parliament?
Speakers already confirmed include:
- The Rt Hon Kwasi Kwarteng MP, Minister of State (Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy)
- Damitha Adikaari, BEIS
- Laura Sandys CBE, Challenging Ideas
- Tim Lord, BEIS
- Julia Pyke, EDF
- Mary Starks, Ofgem
- Gillian Cooper, Citizens Advice Bureau
- Baroness Bryony Worthington, author of the Climate Change Act
- Mark Johnson, Kew Technologies
- Micheal Liebriech, Liebriech Associates
- Colin Calder, PassivSystems
- Rebecca Willis, Citizens Assemblies
- Adrian Letts, OVO Retail
View our draft agenda
(subject to change).
Booking and Further Information