14 July 2016
09:30 – 15:45 (including lunch)
Room CH G009, City Campus, Castle Street, Worcester, WR1 3AS
SWM and EAUC
This workshop marks the launch of a new Midlands Sustainability Network for Further and Higher Education Institutions, run in partnership with the Environmental Association for Universities and Colleges (EAUC), covering the West and East Midlands. It will focus on how Universities and Colleges can engage with businesses around the issue of sustainability, and also bring together colleagues from FE/HE institutes across the region to make connections and to help shape the future direction of the network.
This event will attract those working in Higher and Further Education Institutes across the area including those working in the field of sustainability, e.g. estates, energy and sustainability managers, researchers in the field, business development managers and others. Please visit this webpage for more information on the network and its purpose.
Booking and further information
An agenda is available here. Presentations include:
- introduction to EAUC and the Harvard Sustainability Programme Principles
- Sustainable Cities – University of Bristol
- Low Carbon and Climate Change Research Strengths in the West Midlands – SWM
- Working with LEPs on sustainability – SWM
- Linking with other sectors to fund sustainability research – Birmingham City University
- Learning from the Worlds Most Sustainable University
- Accredited leaders programme – University of Worcester.