23 February 2021
13:30 – 16:30
Online via Zoom
SWM and kMatrix Data Services
have been commissioned by the Midlands Energy Hub to provide an evidence-based study to understand the current state of the Low Carbon Environmental Goods & Services (LCEGS) Sector in the Midlands, where support is needed to help grow this sector, and the role the sector can play in driving a low-carbon recovery from Covid-19. The outputs include information at local authority and LEP level, along with a Midlands wide report.
This conference will bring together cross-sector attendees from the private and public sector to discuss opportunities to grow low carbon businesses and address current challenges, as well as helping to shape future policy and programmes of support. The focus will be Midlands wide but also at sub-regional LEP level.
for the session includes:
- Overview of the Study: Michael Gallagher, Midlands Energy Hub
- The BEIS Local Energy Perspective: Gary Sturgeon, Local Climate and Energy Team, BEIS
- Latest study findings: Sarah Howard, kMatrix and Anna Bright, SWM
- Discussion session 1: Addressing the challenges – funding, business support, technology & infrastructure, policy & legislation, skills
- Midlands Engine View and alignment with forthcoming Green Growth Action Plan
- Discussion session 2: Sub-regional growth and support
This conference is now fully booked. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you would like to be notified when the outputs are published.
Please contact us at email@example.com
with any queries on the conference.
Outputs of recent stakeholder engagement focus groups
are available here.