Second Nature LIVE – Learn on a live project – 5/3/18
5 March 2018
Online, Birmingham and London
UK Green Building council
The NHS Trust plans for the Birmingham Women’s Hospital and Birmingham Children’s Hospital to become a joint hospital, and are working on options to create a new facility on an existing site. UKGBC’s applied learning programme, Second Nature LIVE will enable learners to assess the sustainability considerations for the Hospital Board.
Second Nature LIVE will incorporate cutting edge, highly engaging learning techniques and has been specifically designed for those without sustainability in their job title. Participants will benefit from being able to bring insights back to their business on delivering sustainable building projects.
Through a range of active learning approaches with talks, site visits, virtual working, networking, group work, plenary discussions, research, webinars and workshops, participants will learn about:
- The key principles of green building and construction
- How sustainability considerations impact design briefs, working practices and decision-making across various disciplines and at all stages of a project
- The role that site, climate, program, location, structure and building technology play in the process of design, construction, operation and maintenance
- Opportunities and constraints, including, where relevant, key policy and regulatory frameworks, building performance standards, and industry trends
- Interdisciplinary, collaborative approaches to the application of the key principles to a live project or proposition
- The different roles and new responsibilities in working together towards green building and construction
- Successful cases and innovative practices
- How to design proposals both qualitatively and quantitatively, developing a compelling business case
Total time involved:
Face-to-face: 2 days (workshop time)
Virtual: 2 days minimum (2-4 hours a week online, across a total of 8 weeks)
Who should attend?
- Professionals with more than 5 years’ experience in the built environment
- Architects, technicians, designers, engineers, project managers, surveyors, construction managers, cost consultants, facilities/operations managers, product manufacturers, developers, clients, academics and instructors
- Professionals involved at any stage of a project – conception to design, construction, and beyond.
Specialist knowledge sustainability is not required
Some limited 90% discounted places are available for local authorities or SWM members (cost of £130) Regular Cost: £795 for members £1295 for non UKGBC members
Booking and further information
For more information or to speak to one of the UKGBC team about this programme please contact us at email@example.com.
Booking: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for discount code or go directly to the web page for more information or for direct booking