5 October 2016
09:30 – 13:00
Universities Centre, Faraday Wharf, Innovation Birmingham Campus, Holt Street, Birmingham, B7 4BB.
UK Business Council for Sustainable Development and Jacobs Smart Cities
The concept of the Smart City is well known and is used to describe many initiatives and projects. Population growth and resource constraints mean that cities are been driven to provide services in a smarter and more integrated manner that deliver low carbon adaptive solutions. This UK BCSD and Jacobs Smart Cities Conference will look at the policy context for smart cities within the UK, highlight the approach that the public and private sector are already adopting, and will showcase a range of smart city technologies and approaches currently being applied in Birmingham and elsewhere. Speakers include
- Andrew Waddelove, Arcadis
- Nick Grayson, Birmingham City Council
- Scott Cain, Future Cities Catapult
- Umar Daraz, Birmingham City University
- Professor Francesca Medda, University College London
- Rick Robinson, Professor, Amey
- Raj Mack, Digital Birmingham
- Alan Hendry, Jacobs
- Azhar Quaiyoom, Qsustain
- Hugo Russell, Innovation Birmingham
The event is free to members and £20 plus VAT to non-members.
Booking and further information
For further information or to register, visit the Eventbrite webpage.