Stopping the Plastic Tide – 04/03/2021
04 March 2021
EnTRESS and WASUP (World Against Single Use Plastic) are excited to welcome a wide range of sustainability professionals to present their thoughts on the plastic problem and potential solutions. This event will look at the different types of plastics, recycling of plastics, bioplastics and more.
2.00pm Event Start
- Prof Mohammed Arif, Head of the School of Architecture and Built Environment at the University of Wolverhampton. Opening Remarks
- Beverley Nielsen, Exec Director & Associate Prof at the Institute for Design & Economic Acceleration (IDEA), Opening Remarks on Green Growth and Sustainability.
- Andrew Stott, EnTRESS Knowledge Transfer Manager, An Introduction to EnTRESS and the Circular Economy.
- Prof Rashid Gatrad OBE, Founder of WASUP (World Against Single Use Plastics). The work of WASUP and cracking the resin code for the 7 types of plastics.
- Casepak, Logistics of Plastic Recycling.
- Livvy Drake, Sustainable Sidekicks. Behaviour Change Around Single-use Plastics
- Prof Iza Radecka, Bioplastics: The Basics, the Benefits and their Limitations
- Helena Simmonds, Warwick Manufacturing Group, Sustainable Manufacturing.
5.00pm Event Closes