05 December 2023
09:00 – 13:30
Midlands Arts Centre, Cannon Hill Park, Birmingham, B12 9QH.
Directions and travel options available here. Delegates attending by bus can claim a free day saver courtesy of our members, National Express West Midlands.
Please note that the car park is operated by Birmingham City Council and is Pay and Display or Pay by Phone.
Access information available here.
Sustainability West Midlands
We are thrilled to announce that SWM is hosting our Members Mingle and Annual General Meeting (AGM), the must-attend, members exclusive, in-person networking event of the year!
This year, our Members Mingle & AGM falls at the same time as COP28 (Conference of the Parties to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change) in Dubai. Join us as we highlight regional progress on climate action, holding a local lens to the first Global Stocktake (GST) which will be a key focus of COP28.
We’re hosted by our members, Midlands Arts Centre, and our members will be front and centre throughout the whole morning.
You’ll also be able to meet representatives from our Board and External Advisory Committee.
Here is what members can expect from the day:
- Presentations from SWM and our members: Listen to thought-provoking talks from renowned experts in the field.
- Plenty of networking: Connect with cross-sector industry leaders, professionals, all of whom are fellow SWM members!
- AGM Highlights: Gain insights into SWM’s achievements, future plans, and key initiatives
- Exhibitions from SWM members
- Refreshments and Lunch: Enjoy delicious refreshments and mingle in a relaxed setting.
This event promises to be an excellent opportunity for our stakeholders to connect, engage, and build valuable relationships within our community.
By attending the Members Mingle and AGM you will:
1. Hear from speakers highlighting the state of progress on climate action in the region, including Professor Martin Freer from the University of Birmingham and Deborah Kermode, Chief Executive & Artistic Director at Midlands Arts Centre.
2. Be provided with an engaging networking opportunity to share knowledge and best practice supporting SWM’s Roadmap to 2030.
3. Hear from SWM on our reflections on the last year and future plans, and deliver the formal business of the Annual General Meeting:
- a. Receive Directors’ Report and Annual Accounts for 2022-23
- b. Ratify new Directors and members appointed by the Board since the previous AGM on 29 November 2022
The Members Mingle & AGM is only open to existing SWM members.
As this is an in-person event, please only sign up if you can definitely attend. If you have registered but can no longer attend, please email email@example.com as soon as possible. Any delegates who do not attend without prior notification may be charged.
Exhibiting & Sponsorship:
We are pleased to offer a limited number of sponsor and exhibitor options.
Please register your interest in sponsorship or exhibiting using this short questionnaire and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
Sound good? Register your place.
Join the conversation: