Time8:30 – 13:00
OrganisersWestminster Energy, Environment & Transport Forum
The EventWill focus on waste policy across the UK – assessing latest developments and priorities for legislation and implementation.
Key areas for discussion:
- Consistent collection policies across England, Scotland and Wales;
- Introducing a deposit return scheme – including how to set effective incentives and minimise costs for business and local authorities; and
- Developing the circular economy.
Developments that are relevant to the discussion:
- Budget commitments to tax products with less than 30% recycled plastic, and accelerated delivery of an Extended Producer Responsibility Scheme, including additional funding for system design;
- Reintroduction of the Environment Bill and its aim to implement policies outlined in the Resources and Waste Strategy – such as:
- improving resource efficiency and sustainable production methods, and
- standardising kerbside waste collections.
- Plans to implement a Deposit Return Scheme (DRS) in England, Wales, and Northern Ireland following last year’s consultation; and
- The Committee on Climate Change report on land use policies, its recommendations on mandatory waste separation, and plans to introduce standardised waste collection schemes across England and Northern Ireland.
This is a full-scale conference taking place online
· full, four-hour programme including comfort breaks – you’ll also get a full recording to refer back to
· information-rich discussion involving key policymakers and stakeholders
· conference materials provided in advance, including speaker biographies
· speakers presenting via webcam, accompanied by slides if they wish
· opportunities for live delegate questions and comments with all speakers
· a recording of the addresses, all slides cleared by speakers, and further materials, is made available to all delegates afterwards as a permanent record of the proceedings
· delegates are able to add their own written comments and articles following the conference, to be distributed to all attendees and more widely
· networking too – there will be opportunities for delegates to e-meet and interact – we’ll tell you how!
Full information and guidance on how to take part will be sent to delegates before the conference