This session is one of a series of virtual roundtable events that will provide the business community with the opportunity to hear how the Ten Point Plan for Green Growth
in the Midlands Engine sets out, with a unified voice, the Midlands Engine Partnership’s collective plan and actions to be taken in partnership which will accelerate both the Midlands and the UK’s path to net zero. SWM are also involved in the series of events!
This interactive session will cover the theme of “Green Innovation”
Overview of the Green Innovation Theme
The shift to low carbon is a huge opportunity for business, industry and job creation in the Midlands. We will foster a rich innovation environment, supporting our world-leading inventors, entrepreneurs, leaders and researchers to develop and commercialise new ideas for the economic good of our region and nation, and for wider societal benefit. By investing now in next generation manufacturing processes and resilient supply chains, we can minimise environmental impact and resource use.
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Support investment in decarbonisation
- Reduce energy costs
- Drive economic growth
- Establish the UK and Midlands as a centre of excellence
- Futureproof business strategies
- Overview of the Ten Point Plan For Green Growth in the Midlands Engine – detail of the wider plan
- Focus on the Green Innovation Theme – delivered by the theme lead, Professor Martin Freer, Director, Energy Research Accelerator, University of Birmingham
- Business Case Study (tbc) – detailing the importance of the theme to the business community
- Interactive discussion on the theme, including how delegates want to engage in this topic moving forward.