Travel Planning and Parking Management for Universities and Hospitals – 2/4/19
2 April 2019
10:00 – 16:00
University of Birmingham Murray Learning Centre, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT
The Murray Learning Centre (R28 on the campus map) is the first building on the left when heading from University Station, which is just 2 stops and 8 minutes from Birmingham New Street. Other travel options are here.
Act TravelWise, supported by SWM
This is an all-day training workshop specifically for practitioners from universities and hospitals (and those who work with them) across the UK to learn about established best practice and innovation in sustainable travel and parking policy.
Led by Richard Adams and Chris Carter of AECOM, the training workshop will include:
- an overview of the transport challenges faced by universities and hospitals
- examples of best practice and available guidance to effectively address those challenges
- four 10-minute presentations from leading university and hospital transport managers on what they’ve implemented, how they went about it and what the results have been
- training to address the specific challenges identified through a survey of registered delegates
- discussion in small groups to share knowledge and experience, according to topics such as EV charge points, shared bicycle schemes, staff parking policy etc
- a walking tour of measures implemented at University of Birmingham and possibly the adjacent Queen Elizabeth Hospital
The full programme with timings will appear on this page once finalised. A wide range of guidance documents are also being compiled for delegates during the time leading up to the event.
Booking and further information
SWM stakeholders can get 30% off delegate fees by using the discount code SWM2019, which works with the General Admission option in Eventbrite when you click ‘Enter Promotional Code.’
Attendance is free for Act TravelWise members sending one delegate. The event capacity is limited to 40 delegates.