West Midlands Environment Conversation: Net Zero by 2030 is possible – 11/3/20
14:00 – 16:30
2 Colmore Square
38 Colmore Circus, Queensway
Business in the Community and the Environment Agency
In the year that the UK hosts the Climate COP (Convention of the Parties) in Glasgow in November, this event will be a chance to come together with like-minded organisations to explore opportunities, learn and share, and try out new ideas towards improving the environment in the West Midlands.
We have just ten years to tackle the climate emergency if we are to stand a good chance of delivering a planet that enables current and future generations to thrive. Public pressure is growing, leading governments and investors to start acting. But cities and city regions are where the real ambition lies, and business leadership will be critical to drive the transformation required.
The opportunities are huge, but so are the risks. Together we can be the change we need to deliver a transition to a net zero, circular economy that creates value for people and nature.
You will hear from:
- Emma Howard Boyd, Chair, Environment Agency
- Lydia Dutton, Circular economy Club Birmingham, University of Birmingham
- Zoe Haseman, Vice President Global Sustainability, Jacobs
- Craig Woodburn, Sustainability Specialist, Jaguar Land Rover
- Gudrun Cartwright, Environment Director, Business in the Community
- Other speakers tbc
There will be the chance to join discussion groups with businesses and local organisations, focussing on a local priority to develop new opportunities for local action.
The discussion groups will be:
- The role of the Circular Economy and Resource Efficiency in reaching Net Zero
- Setting your business up for Net Zero Carbon – practical steps and learning from case-studies
- The West Midlands Sustainability Roadmap to 2030 – the role and opportunities for business
To enable to make the conversations as effective as possible, when you register we will ask you to choose the discussion group you’d like to attend. We would like to achieve a balance across the groups so we may not be able to offer your first choice.
Full joining instructions will be sent before the event.
For more information please contact Elena.Perez@bitc.org.uk