The Warwickshire County Council Green Shoots Community Climate Change Fund provides grant funding to community projects to mitigate against, and adapt to, the impact of climate change. It is aimed at community and voluntary organisations. The Green Shoots Fund is designed to support community projects and initiatives that aim to achieve the following:
- Increase the adaptability and resilience of Warwickshire to the effects of climate change
- Reduce impacts on the environment, particularly regarding climate change
- Ensure funded projects benefit the wider Warwickshire community
Who can apply to the fund?
- Constituted ‘not-for-profit’ community organisations in Warwickshire
- Non-constituted or new ‘not-for-profit’ groups working in Warwickshire that can be supported by a constituted mainstream service, Town or Parish Council or community group willing to administer the funds through an organisational bank account
- Warwickshire Town and Parish Councils
- Schools, if applying as a PTA or ‘Friends of’ group excluding independently funded schools
The fund is open to applications for projects which require investment of up to a maximum of £25,000. There is no minimum application value.