- Phase 1 will focus on exploring the feasibility of proposals. Phase 1 projects total costs are a maximum of £60,000.
- Phase 2 will concentrate on continued research, development and testing. Only successful applicants from phase 1 will be able to apply to take part in phase 2.
Innovate UK will fund organisations to develop and demonstrate new products or services. Your solution must help businesses and/or the public sector in the UK recover from the coronavirus (COVID 19) pandemic in a sustainable manner, demonstrating the impact and potential of a clean growth led recovery and transition to net zero. This is a Small Business Research Initiative (SBRI) competition. SBRI programmes fund organisations to conduct challenge-based research and development (R&D) to develop products or services that address a specific unmet public sector need. Projects must start on 1 October 2020 and can last up to 3 months. You must be able to carry out project work under the prevailing restrictions of the pandemic.
In aligning with the government’s Clean Growth Strategy:
- decarbonising energy, business and industry
- improving business and industry efficiency
- improving the energy efficiency, heating and cooling of our homes and other buildings
- accelerating the shift to low carbon transport
- enhancing the benefits and value of our natural resources
- innovating for a more sustainable public sector
- climate change adaptation and mitigation
More information and applyFor more details about the competition, the virtual marketplace to help collaborators connect
and a link to join the competition briefing at 11:00 on 2 July, click here. Please note that the competition closes on 5 August.