The Niche Vehicle Network (NVN) is a free to join, independent network of over 1500 UK niche vehicle manufacturers and specialist technology organisations active in the niche vehicle sector and promotes and supports collaborative innovation for low carbon R&D projects focused on the niche vehicle manufacturing sector. Sponsored by the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV), the Niche Vehicle Feasibility Competition is providing SMEs and micro companies active in the low-carbon niche vehicle technology sector with grant funding of up to £35,000 to undertake desktop research activities aimed at catalysing innovative vehicle technologies applicable to road-going and off-highway vehicles, within the following technology categories:
- Lightweight vehicle body, chassis and powertrain structures
- Electric machines and power electronics
- Energy storage and energy management systems
- Alternative propulsion systems
- Aerodynamics for improved energy efficiency
- Other disruptive low carbon vehicle technologies
You can view and download the Applicant Guidance document here.
More Information and Apply
All applications must be submitted online through the NVN Funding Gateway which contains full guidance on how to apply.