Funding is available from The MCS Foundation, as they seek to support a range of projects that will advance their mission in accelerating the adoption of renewable energy and low carbon technologies.
If you are seeking funding for a project that you think The MCS Foundation could be interested in, please complete an enquiry form following the link, summarising what you are seeking to achieve and how this fits with their funding criteria.
Funding should usually be for specific time-bound projects that accelerate the adoption of renewable energy and low carbon technologies with a specific focus on scaling up the delivery of whole house retrofit.
For the avoidance of doubt, retrofit means fabric and renewable technologies.
Projects should have a UK-wide impact, either through having a national reach or through developing/demonstrating an innovative approach that could be replicated, adapted or scaled up.
As a UK-wide Foundation, bids specific to the context in the devolved nations and regions are welcome.
- Business case development, strategy planning and/or implementation of local and wider area whole house retrofit schemes.
- Whole house retrofit supply chain development.
- Skills development and CPD.
- Community engagement.
- Seed funding for innovative initiatives.
- Support delivery of a proof of concept.
- Research to support innovation.
- Capacity building in one of the themed areas.
- Sharing good practice.
Finance and Governance:
- 1: Applications that have matched funding will be looked upon favourably.
- 2: Grants will usually be for £5,000 to £50,000. In exceptional cases grants will be considered for higher amounts up to £100,000.
- 3: Applications may be submitted from public organisations and not-for-profit companies as well as charities.
What will not be funded:
- 1: Installations and refurbishments, for example commercial and private properties, community buildings and schools
- 2: Transport, for example electric charging points, battery power development
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.