CamProf is a small international consultancy since 1994, working globally with expertise in:
1. COMPETENCES & OCCUPATIONAL STANDARDS: their development, uptake and uses (especially professional, technical & managerial), competence frameworks, databases, essential/employability skills
2. ADULT LEARNING & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: learning through experience, initial formation, continuing professional development, apprenticeship, learning design, e-learning, mentoring, careers counselling, learning organisations
3. ASSESSMENT: of competencies (including attitudes and values), recognition of prior learning, portfolios of evidence, assessor competencies, quality assurance
4. ACCREDITATION: qualifications, ‘open badges’, qualification frameworks, regulation of occupations/professions, foreign credential recognition, credit accumulation & transfer, quality assurance
5. INTERNATIONAL & INTERCULTURAL ASPECTS: diversity & inclusion, recruitment, selection, aptitude testing, alternative careers, refugees, immigrants, mobility, international project design, international project management
6. PROJECT MANAGEMENT: project design, project management, quality assurance, sustainability, dissemination, finding suitable partners, design /organize /facilitate meetings, report writing
7. ORGANISATION DEVELOPMENT: international development projects, international networks, strategy, programme evaluation, feasibility studies, strategic review, labour market information
8. DATA COLLECTION: secondary research, international bench-marking, e-survey design, qualitative and quantitative analysis, face-to-face and virtual focus group facilitation, data presentation
CamProf has a long track record of developing occupational standards of competence in UK and internationally. They have a daughter company in Canada.
RELEVANT RECENT PROJECTS:
– a global scan of ‘clean/green tech’ initiatives to inform new course development for the University of Prince Edward Island and Holland College in Canada.
– preparing a global competency framework for humanitarian logistics for the International Federation of the Red Cross/Crescent.
– preparing a global competency framework for primary healthcare workers in sexual & reproductive health and rights for the World Health Organization.
– instigating an (unsuccessful) project proposal for EU Horizon 2020 funding, to create occupational standards of competence for green occupations and a new ‘green’ key competence for use in education and lifelong learning. The bid was led by a university in Germany, with partners in Finland, Estonia, Spain, Slovenia, Romania (mostly assembled by CamProf). In UK both CamProf (expertise occupational standards) and Acocks Greener (‘living lab’) were partners.
RELEVANT PAST PROJECTS:
– more than 30 EU projects as contractor, project manager or UK partner
– APL-Bud development of a system for accreditation of prior learning for the Polish construction sector, which included pilots for Polish construction workers in Poland, UK, Germany.
– a report for UK CITB on the skills impact of modern methods of construction (off-site).
– occupational standards for the not-for-profit sector in British Columbia (Canada).
– the Open Badge Network EU project on micro credentials.
On their membership with SWM, they say:
Our primary contact is Nigel Lloyd, Principal.