TRIG enables the Department for Transport (DfT) to fully fund proof-of-concept research projects in support of innovative ideas or concepts that facilitate a better transport system. The programme aims to:
• Foster innovation to improve UK transport;
• Generate growth in the transport sector; and
• Build links between policy teams in DfT and innovators.
The Programme will launch on the 7th October and they are looking forward to running four separate calls which will offer 43 grants up to £30k across all challenges and offer 5 grants of up to £100k in the Future of Freight challenge.
- Challenge 1: Maritime Decarbonisation
- Challenge 2: COVID-19 Recovery and Resilient Transport Systems
- Challenge 3: Future of Freight
- Challenge 4: Open Call
The application must be completed by midnight on Sunday 7 November 2021.
For more information and how to apply, click here.