This 8-week course is for those wanting to become a sustainability expert and practitioner, or current sustainability managers looking to advance their knowledge and join a like minded community.
The course will be delivered virtually online by Birmingham Enterprise Community (BEC) on behalf of Coventry College, as part of the Adult Education Skills Boot Camps, funded by the West Midlands Combined Authority (WMCA).
Take part and become a champion in sustainability and net zero, enabling you as an individual to support your business’s transition to a much more sustainable future. It has been designed with industry experts to demystify sustainability for employees.
The course is split into 8 modules, seven core modules on sustainability and one module covering personal and professional skills development, a minimum of 80% of the live sessions covering these modules, will need to be attended to pass the course.
- Starts on the 30th of October and runs for 8 weeks
- Covers 8 modules, with an average of 6 hours commitment per week
- The virtual live sessions will be Mondays and Tuesdays, 4 – 6pm UK time, every week
- Taught from a project management perspective, not an academic or technical one
- 1-1 mentoring
- Business integration meetings with your employer
- Support with promotion in your company and professional development
- Certificate of completion
What will you gain from the course?:
- Understand the wider context of climate change, sustainability and how it relates to business now and in the future
- Investigate different actions that can be taken, with understanding the potential of technology and innovation to enable sustainable practices
- Define and explore stakeholders, and find reasons for collaboration
- Develop integrated sustainability strategies and ensure they are implemented
- Lead on articulating sustainability, and drive change
- Explore the importance of communication, internally and externally
Are you eligible?:
- A letter of recommendation from your line manager or someone in a similar position (if employed)
- To be aged 19 or over and have the full right to work in the UK
- To live or work in the West Midlands WMCA area
Interested in applying?:
If you are interested in taking part in the Sustainable Management Course, your application needs to be complete and submitted before the 27th of October.
You will have the option to withdraw your application up to the point of paying for the course. By submitting an application you are not committing yourself to paying.
There are only 25 spaces so be quick!