Apply to Comic Relief Local Communities Programme
There are still many communities in the UK that suffer from economic and social deprivation and the current economic climate may make this situation worse. For this reason, Comic Relief has decided that £4.5 million should be available to fund projects across the UK which are addressing these issues through the ‘Local Communities’ programme.
The Local Communities programme will run for 18 months and during this time, grants of between £1,000 and £5,000 will be available.
Under the programme, organisations can apply for funding to:
- Improve people’s life skills, education, employability and enterprise
- Maximise people’s ability to strengthen community cohesion and build social capacity
- Provide people with opportunities to access local services, achieve greater social justice and to reduce inequality, exclusion and disadvantage
- Advance people’s physical and mental health, wellbeing and safety
Who can apply?
- Community Groups
- Resident Associations
- Community Centres
- Social Enterprises/Community Interest Companies
- Credit Unions
Please see here for more information and to apply.