Birmingham City Council to host Nearer to Zero conference 2013
In February 2013, Birmingham City Council will host the next Nearer to Zero conference. The event is a one day conference for planners and house builders who wish to hear the latest developments to Governments Policies in relation to the journey to Zero Carbon Homes. Speakers are drawn from senior positions in government, the house building industry and local authority planning, all of whom will be addressing the following questions:
- What is the definition of a zero carbon home and how is this is to be achieved?
- What is the current understanding of costs and viability on the deliverability of zero carbon homes?
- How will planning reform impact on local development policy?
- What are the roles of local authorities in assisting delivery within the new localism landscape?
- What preparation has been made in the West Midlands for the retro-fit agenda?
- With 2016 just a little over four years away, the focus will be firmly on the steps which need to be taken now to ensure the delivery of more sustainable housing in the West Midlands.
All delegates to the conference can receive a CPD certificate of attendance on the subject of ‘Planning and Building for Low and Zero Carbon New Homes’.
For more information visit the Nearer to Zero website.