Birmingham Energy Incubation Hub
The Birmingham Energy Incubation Hub offers an integrated package of support to drive business growth amongst low-carbon energy businesses.
This exciting, new initiative based at Tylsely Energy Park has been developed in partnership with the University of Birmingham’s Energy Institute SME Engagement Programme, ATETA.
The aim of the new energy incubation hub is to bring together the office and workshop space available at TEP with and the energy expertise and research facilities of the University of Birmingham. Businesses that become a part of this hub will drive transformational change in the generation, and use of clean power and heat.
The hub has various industrial units available to let ranging from 1,000 sq ft (93 sq m)to 15,000 sq ft (139.4 sq m), there is also office accommodation to let ranging from 500 sq ft (46.5 sq m) to 3000sq ft (279 sq m) in a refurbished 1800 century Mill.
Businesses based in the Birmingham Energy Incubation Hub will benefit from the following:
- Workshop and office space
- One to One technical and mentoring partnership with a relevant, world-leading researchers from the University of Birmingham
- Secure renewable power from the on site biomass power station
- On-site toolroom and tool maker
- Access to University of Birmingham laboratory facilities for testing and analytical services
- Funding advice to identify opportunities for collaborative R&D
- Representation on Tyseley Energy Park quarterly co-creation group meetings
- Invitation to workshops on energy technology and business development
- Expert advice from a dedicated Energy Technology Experts focused on your business need