Business Navigator – Job Opportunity
Role: Business Navigator
Salary: £28,000 – £30,000
Closing date: 11 February
Contract Type: 3 years fixed term until 30 September 2022.
Contact email: email@example.com
Bruntwood are looking for a Business Navigator for their Innovation Birmingham Campus which is home to a huge digital tech community of innovators on their business growth journey. Working closely with the GBSLEP Growth Hub, funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), the postholder will make relationships with business customers of the campus and potential business customers to provide information, advice and guidance to help the businesses succeed.
As a Business Navigator, you’re a pivotal member of the team creating a growth pathway for customers that draws upon and cements a sense of community and purpose. You’ll focus on gathering customer insight and data and logging that into management information systems so that Bruntwood can deliver a frictionless, personalised business support service through their customer facing teams.
- Promote business investment and growth within SME businesses throughout the Innovation Birmingham – Campus and ultimately the Greater Birmingham & Solihull LEP area
- Collect and analyse information on the objectives and priorities of campus customer businesses
- Lead on the delivery of Information, Diagnostics and Brokerage (IDB) for ERDF programmes as services to Startups and SMEs
- Proactively identify ‘Growth Potential’ SME’s and refer on to an Account Manager
- Assist the team of Account Managers in their duties
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintaining knowledge of the scale and scope of the local SME business support infrastructure and proactively developing relationships with SMEs in GSBELP by identifying solutions to growth issues and pinpointing pathways towards resolving them with the objective of encouraging business growth
- Help SMEs by looking at clients’ business ideas to see if they have growth potential, helping clients to develop business plans, advising on sources of finance and grants, helping existing SMEs with problems such as finding ways to reduce costs or improve marketing, referring clients to other sources of specialist advice if necessary.
- Providing IDB service of 3 hrs to clients and completing registration and output forms
- Preparing ERDF claims
- Complying with state aid agreements by sending out De Minimis letters
- Working with delivery partners and external suppliers, ensuring programmes are relevant and optimise impact and that feedback is received from the partner and recorded on the CRM
- Ensuring that a high quality, consistent and proactive service is provided at all times by the Growth Hub to SME’s
- Proactively networking with the local business community and enterprise organisations
- Entering and managing data in Innovation Birmingham’s Salesforce system and the Growth Hub Evolutive CRM, keeping track of clients’ progress and interactions, ensuring accurate, complete and timely records at all times
- Arranging and delivering advice workshops, seminars and networking events
- Preparing reports for stakeholders, LEP etc. as and when required. Distributing intelligence gained about the target region with Innovation Birmingham Campus, Growth Hub Team and key partner organisations in order to inform development plans
- Keeping informed about national and local policies and initiatives in respect of business growth and development, especially those that relate to SME’s
- Working collectively with the Growth Hub team to ensure GBSLEP businesses are appropriately sustained
- Maintaining high standards of confidentiality and ensure compliance with data protection and information security standards
What they are looking for:
- Experience of project management and report writing
- Knowledge of business management and/or commercial acumen
- Experience of building effective working relationships and of working in partnership with delivery partners, external suppliers and businesses
- Demonstrate ability to cope with high volumes of work, to set and meet deadlines and targets; determine priorities and organise work and coordinate activities to provide an efficient service
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal with ability to engage, influence and promote delivery to senior executives
- Excellent networking skills and ability to manage ongoing relationships
- Skilled at interpreting and analysing research to inform actions
- Well-developed IT literacy to produce high quality documents and presentations (using MS Office packages)
- Natural ability to build and maintain personal credibility with client and partner relationships with a responsive “can do” attitude
- Able to work flexibly to accommodate early and late working times from time to time
- Understanding of the requirements of Equality and Diversity
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- Relevant qualifications in project management, business advice and guidance
- Previous experience dealing with ERDF funding
- Previous experience in business development, customer relationship management
At Bruntwood they work hard to create an exceptional experience for their colleagues. As well as a competitive salary, all the benefits you’d expect from a successful, established business (like an 8% matched pension scheme, private healthcare and an employee shares scheme) as well as some quirky benefits you’d get at in a progressive, people focused company (like free healthy breakfasts, birthday leave and access to fitness classes). Working in an agile way, Bruntwood give you the chance to work in our state-of-the-art workspaces. Above all, you’ll be joining a team full of passionate people who are brilliant to work with.
Bruntwood offer you more than the opportunity to work. They offer you the chance to shape your world. Apply today.