Groundwork West Midlands are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced manager to lead a busy Community and Environment team. As Community and Environment Manager, you will hold overall responsibility for the management and delivery of a broad range of projects, with a focus on Land Management, Environment (including greenspace improvements), Land Design and Community Engagement. Closing date for applications: Friday 6 April 2018 Recruiter: Groundwork West Midlands Location: Based in Tipton with regular Travel across the West Midlands Region Salary: £28,595 – £31,714 Working hours: 37 Hours per week Job description: You will need to have a broad understanding of, and interest in, community and environmental issues, along with effective project and people management skills and an ability to prioritise your own work programme. As part of this role, you will:
- Deliver and manage a range of community, health and wellbeing projects with a focus on Environment (including greenspace improvements), Land Management, Land Design and Community Engagement.
- Be responsible for staff management, support and development both within projects and pastorally.
- Provide management information to senior managers and board members regarding specific projects, finance and staff performance.
- Work with senior managers to develop and maintain strategic relationships, and income streams, to support the Community and Environment team.
- Identify and implement opportunities to layer project delivery within and across themes.
- Ensuring quality of delivery is consistently high.