Crowdfunding Campaign by SHAP: Tackling fuel poverty – now & post-Covid
SHAP’s ‘Warm Homes Save Lives’ fuel poverty action plan can be realised to eliminate the number of households in fuel poverty in the West Midlands.
Currently, there are over 304,000 households are living in fuel poverty in the West Midlands alone. Fuel poverty blights lives and communities, pulls the economy down and contributes to continuing cycles of poverty and health inequalities
SHAP is aiming for 50,000 people to give £1 to raise bridging funds to enable the ‘Warm Homes Save Lives’ proposals. The proposals will see them adopt an Implementation Plan to help West Midlands fuel-poor households. And to show the central government that these plans are ready for adoption and implementation by devolved authorities, contributing significantly to alleviating fuel poverty.
Target and spending
£50k is needed to develop the vision and the practical implementation of the proposals. We’ll be using these funds to work with not-for-profit organisations to develop a new and better way of supporting people living in fuel poverty:
- Local Authorities – role and opportunity development – £15k
- Supply chain – helping kick start the local economy – £10k
- Health, wellbeing, social care and third-sector agencies – effective working and integration -£15K
- Universities – assessing impact – £5k
- Housing Associations – role and opportunity development – £5k
Find out more or donate here.