Domestic Missions – SMEs Expression of Interest
Innovate UK is looking for innovative SMEs in Mobility, Sustainability or Housing to start conversations with UK Local Authorities about the part innovative tech can play in addressing these challenges. These events will take place across 5 cities in the UK, namely – Bristol, Nottingham, Exeter, Cardiff and Derry.
Please let us know by signing up here, before 14 February, if you’re interested in developing new relationships with UK local authorities. If you’re selected we will invite you to kick-off events in one of the following places. Here’s a taster of the sorts of capabilities we’re looking for:
CLIMATE CHANGE & RENEWABLE ENERGY
We are interested in technologies in the renewable energy sector, particularly relating to retrofitting, waste management and reducing city users’ CO2 emissions.
HOUSING & HOMELESSNESS
We are looking for innovations centred around homelessness and affordable housing solutions.
We are looking for smart grid technologies suitable for a city environment.
CARS – PARKING & ELECTRIC VEHICLES
We are interested in technologies around electric vehicles, and also car parking in city centres.
We want to speak to innovators who have technologies related to live performances and promotion of city events.
SOURCING FOOD LOCALLY
We are interested in technologies that can encourage the sustainable sourcing of local produce.
Please sign up here and we’ll be in touch!
Innovate UK and the 100%Open team.
• Successful SMEs expressing an interest will be invited to a business preparation workshop and then to participate in events in the suitable city or cities. You must commit to both these elements.
• Expressions of interest are welcome from SMEs anywhere in the UK and Northern Ireland. If you are local to any of the cities mentioned above, that is great, but will not itself guarantee selection to take part in the pilot events
• Innovate UK’s Domestic Missions programme is currently a PILOT, and has been convened so that UK Local Authorities and SMEs can learn from each other about the nature of urban challenges and the potential benefits of new technology, products and services. Experts will also be on hand to present information about local government procurement processes, and routes to access funding to develop and test innovative technologies.
• Selection will be based on suitability of an SME to address a need, to learn from the experience, and to help the City authorities understand the potential of innovative technologies to address their challenges. At this stage this is not an opportunity to pitch or sell a specific solution, but is rather a chance to learn more about City challenges and to help authorities see how innovative technology might have a role to play in solving those challenges. .
• If you are selected Innovate UK will reimburse your (standard class) travel costs to attend the event
• Any information we collect about you or your business will be shared only with 100%Open, our delivery partner, and the city/local authorities involved.