BECCI, part of the University of Wolverhampton, is launching a new Innovation Incubator to nurture and support individuals across the Black Country and Shropshire with clean technology and low carbon business ideas to make a difference to our buildings and the built environment.
The thinktank the IPPR has estimated that an additional public sector investment of £10 billion per year is needed across the UK in buildings to achieve the 2050 net-zero target. BECCI’s target area of the Black Country and Shropshire accounts for around 2.5% of the UK’s population and housing stock. 2.5% of £10 billion is £250 million a year. Over the period to 2050 this is £7.5 billion of additional public sector investment in the buildings within BECCI’s patch. And the job creation potential of this additional investment is very significant.
- A 1-2-1 programme entry diagnostic will identify exactly where your idea/start-up is at. This will help the programme delivery team to curate the best content to meet your individual and collective needs.
- This will include1-2-1 Sessions with Mentors and Experts.
- Entrepreneurs being supported by other entrepreneurs. The peer-2-peer dimension of our programme is important and has a focus on your fellow entrepreneurs supporting you.
- After the kickoff period, your startup has continued access to the programme through specialised masterclasses, and through custom-designed content based on your needs, as well as one-on-one sessions.
- Experts from a range of fields, technical, finance, legal and HR, share their expertise in thematic and specially tailored sessions.
More information and applyClick here
. Please note that the deadline is 31st August 2020