Funding Opportunity: Engaging young people with climate research – Apply by 10/06/2021
To mark the United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP26), UKRI are looking for innovative and ambitious proposals for public engagement activity. Activity that will engage young people, aged 14 to 18 years old, in climate-related research and the research process.
They encourage applicants from across the UK to think creatively about the project. Also to embrace diverse public engagement methods that will inspire, excite and engage young people in research about climate change on a broad and deep level.
You must be:
- a researcher at doctoral level or higher based at a UK research organisation
- from an arts and humanities discipline, or a related interdisciplinary background.
Your public engagement activity should:
- be based on research that is at least 50% within the arts and humanities
- involve two-way engagement with benefits for both sides
- have potential for positive long-term impact.
Your project must take place between September and December 2021 to coincide with the 26th United Nations Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP26).