This course by Aston University will provide participants with the information and skillset to understand environmental sustainability, in a business context.
Green Advantage is a short course designed for business leaders, managers and professionals who want to consider the implications of climate and environmental challenges for their business or workplace alongside maintaining business performance and profitability.
Consider the strategies and actions that you need to be taking to meet changing customer and staff preferences, regulatory, procurement or supply chain requirements, or investor expectations.
Whether you are seeking immediate practical actions to lower emissions and save energy, or an overhaul of your entire business model and value proposition, this course will help you develop an informed approach.
What are the benefits of the Course?
Supported by interactive workshops, like-minded peers and a one-to-one business coach, you will:
- Learn about environmental sustainability from leading Aston academics and industry experts
- Hear examples of sustainability strategies being used by businesses today
- Build a bespoke Sustainability Road Map for your business or career
During the course, you will also be informed of opportunities provided by the West Midlands Combined Authority and Sustainability West Midlands to showcase your net zero activities, share best practice and promote your commitment to accountability around Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) agendas.
- 12-week part-time
- Workshops – blended delivery available
- 4 hours of one-to-one coaching from a business sustainability expert
- Delivered by Aston Centre for Growth in partnership with The Energy & Bioproducts Research Institute (EBRI) and the Centre for Circular Economy and Advanced Sustainability at Aston University
To participate in Green Advantage, you must be:
- A British national OR a resident of the UK for the past 3 years
- Aged 19+ and living and/or working in one of the 3 LEP areas of The Black Country, Greater Birmingham and Solihull, or Coventry, which is the catchment area of the West Midlands Combined Authority
- NOT enrolled to other Government funded programme at the time of delivery
- A decision-maker from any business sectors who has some responsibilities linked to the sustainability agenda
What is the cost of the Course?:
Green Advantage is funded by the Government Department for Education via the West Midlands Combined Authority as part of the Government’s Skills Bootcamps.
There must be a contribution to the cost of the course from small to medium sized enterprises (SMEs) and large organisations. The amount of contribution is determined by the size of your business.
The next hybrid cohort will begin 15 January 2024.