Managing the sustainability transition for business leaders and professionals.
Green Advantage is a sustainability short course from SWM members Aston University. It is designed for business leaders, managers and professionals who want to consider the implications of climate and environmental challenges for their business or workplace alongside maintaining business performance and profitability.
Supported by interactive workshops, like-minded peers and a one-to-one business coach you will:
- Learn about environmental sustainability from leading Aston academics and industry experts
- Hear examples of sustainability strategies being used by businesses today
- Build a bespoke Sustainability Road Map for your business or business area
The programme lasts approximately 12 weeks, and is designed to fit around a full-time role, comprising of a welcome session, five workshops and four hours of one-to-one business coaching.
To participate in the Green Advantage Programme, you must be:
- A British national OR a resident of the UK for the past 3 years
- Aged 19+ and living and/or working in one of the 3 LEP areas of The Black Country, Greater Birmingham and Solihull, or Coventry, which is the catchment area of the West Midlands Combined Authority
- NOT enrolled to other Government funded programme at the time of delivery; and
- A decision-maker from any business sectors who has some responsibilities linked to the sustainability agenda.
Green Advantage will deliver cohorts starting in September (mixture of online and in-person) and October (all online) 2023.
A small fee applies to take part in the course for small to medium sized enterprises (SMEs) and large organisations. The amount of contribution is determined by the size of your business.
Green Advantage is delivered by Aston Centre for Growth, supported by The Energy & Bioproducts Research Institute (EBRI) and the Centre for Circular Economy and Advanced Sustainability. The programme is part of the Government’s Skills Bootcamps. Skills Bootcamps are flexible courses of up to 16 weeks, giving people the opportunity to build up sector specific skills and elevate their career progression.