Green Homes Grant: Make Energy Improvements to your Home
If you’re a homeowner or residential landlord you can apply for a Green Homes Grant voucher towards the cost of installing energy efficient improvements to your home.
Improvements could include insulating your home to reduce your energy use or installing low-carbon heating to lower the amount of carbon dioxide your home produces.
How Much You Can Get
- Vouchers will cover two-thirds of the cost of eligible improvements, up to a maximum government contribution of £5,000.
- If you, or someone in your household, receive certain benefits you may be eligible for a voucher covering 100% of the cost of the improvements. The maximum value of the voucher is £10,000. Check if you’re eligible for the low income support scheme.
- Landlords are not eligible for low income support.
You may be eligible if you live in England and:
- You own your own home (including long-leaseholders and shared ownership)
- You own your own park home on a residential site (including Gypsy and Traveller sites)
- You’re a residential landlord in the private or social rented sector (including local authorities and housing associations)
You cannot get the Green Homes Grant for newly built homes which have not been previously occupied.