The Heat Networks Demonstration Small Business Research Initiative (SBRI) competition aims to stimulate innovation that will help address cost and performance efficiency challenges related to heat networks.
Key objectives of this scheme are:
- to support the deployment of low carbon heat networks out to 2050
- to demonstrate the successful integration of innovative technologies and techniques on heat networks
- to provide real world evidence on reducing costs and improving energy efficiencies
- to improve the customer experience of heat networks; and
- to increase DECC’s understanding of heat network innovators and the heat network technology supply chain
- Competition opens – 2 October 2014
- Deadline for proposals – 28 November 2014
- Phase 1 projects start – January 2015
- Phase 2 projects start – April/May 2015
For further information and to apply, visit the Contracts Finder website.