Launched by IEMA in 2019, the awards showcase the achievements of organisations striving to tackle the global challenges of the climate and environmental emergency. This year, the IEMA Sustainability Impact Awards 2020 took place virtually on Friday 18 September. We would like to say a huge congratulations to all the winners and highly commended entrants including our CEO Anna Bright! We were delighted that Anna was shortlisted for for the Sustainability Leader Award and are very proud that she is getting the recognition that she deserves! We would also like to take this opportunity to congratulation Rowan Byrne at Mott MacDonald for winning the Award. It’s great that Anna was nominated amongst such inspiring individuals.
- Winners of the Consultancy and Collaboration Award!
- Judges’ comments – “Arup and Health Care Without Harm delivered a world-first; a quantification of the footprint of global healthcare systems, allowing for comparison between nations and identification of action areas for mitigation. This has given the collaboration universal application with significant potential to drive impactful change.”
- Winners of the Climate Resilience and Adaptation Award!
- Judges’ comments– “The Adaptation Capability Framework from SNIFFER is excellent in helping to drive action to enhance climate resilience across the public sector. The judges highlighted the collaborative and partnership approach used to develop the framework and the recognition that organisations are at different stages of the adaptation journey.”
- Winners of the Transport and Infrastructure Award and the Sustainability Leader Award!
- Judges’ comments– “Rowan’s passion and drive for sustainability is infectious. His sustainability leadership shines through everything he does – whether it’s mentoring young professionals, in his role as sustainability leader in Mott MacDonald’s Environment Division or tackling marine plastic waste in his local community.
We would like to congratulate all the finalists and thank IEMA for showcasing the amazing talent within the industry!