Incubation Manager – Job Opportunity
Salary: up-to £28,000
Closing date: 5 February
Contract Type: 6-months fixed term contract,
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
As Incubation Manager on a 6 month fixed term contract, you’ll be responsible for coordinating a vibrant and sustainable community of growth-focused, digital-based business. It will be the primary interface for entrepreneurs coming to campus. The main role will be to implement the incubation process and its business support activities for the benefit of the technology orientated businesses participating.
What you’ll be doing:
- Acting as the entrepreneurs initial ‘Point of Contact’
- Maintaining and updating incubation procedures and CRM system
- Understanding KPI measures and to monitor, collate and record daily, weekly and monthly performance data to capture evidence for stakeholders
- Analysing KPI data and presenting for a variety of audiences – showcasing, promotion, management etc.
- Delivering all administration and coordination processes to support the programme
- Supporting the selection process of new entrepreneurs for all programmes
- Inducting new entrepreneurs and assisting them in making the most of their experience on campus in comfortable surroundings, escalating as required for specific business growth support
- Building effective feedback processes and representing the voice of the community within the campus
- Designing, agreeing and implementing business support activities (workshops, events, demonstrations etc.) based on decisions made using captured community data
- Creating communication channels for sharing case studies, showcasing growth successes and promoting new campus members
- Supporting the exit procedures for incubated businesses and updating communications and data systems
- Maintaining a reference ‘library’ (physical and digital) of information, best practise, relevant research and contacts appropriate to new entrepreneurs
- Providing information to assist entrepreneurs to network with other specialist technical organisations e.g. Universities, VC’s
- Signposting entrepreneurs to relevant resources (e.g. WMCA, Growth Hub etc) and escalating as required to following initial connection
- Maintaining files, digital platforms & databases that support the client network.
- If required, to ensure accurate recording of outputs and overall compliance with relevant project fund governance
- Supporting the IBL and wider Bruntwood Business Support Strategy by ensuring incubation support delivered is well aligned.
What we’re looking for:
- (desirable) Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- (desirable) Relevant qualifications in project management, business advice and guidance
Experience and knowledge:
- Experience of project management
- Knowledge of business management and/or commercial acumen
- Experience of building effective working relationships, and of working in partnership with delivery partners, external suppliers and businesses
- (desirable) Previous experience dealing with ERDF funding
- (desirable) Previous experience in business development, customer relationship management
- Demonstrate ability to cope with high volumes of work, to set and meet deadlines and targets; determine priorities and organise work and coordinate activities to provide an efficient service
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal with ability to engage, influence and promote delivery to senior executives
- Excellent project management and report writing skills
- Excellent networking skills and able to manage ongoing relationships
- Skilled at interpreting and analysing research to inform actions
- Well-developed IT literacy to produce high quality documents and presentations (using MS Office packages)
- Demonstrates natural ability and personality that will build and maintain personal credibility with client and partner relationships with a responsive “can do” attitude
- Able to work flexibly to accommodate early and late working times from time to time
- Understanding of the requirements of Equality and Diversity
At Bruntwood, they work hard to create an exceptional experience for our colleagues. As well as a competitive salary, they offer all the benefits you’d expect from a successful, established business (like an 8% matched pension scheme, private healthcare and an employee shares scheme) as well as some quirky benefits you’d get at in a progressive, people focused company (like free healthy breakfasts, birthday leave and access to fitness classes). Working in an agile way, Bruntwood give you the chance to work in our state-of-the-art workspaces. Above all, you’ll be joining a team full of passionate people who are brilliant to work with.
Bruntwood offer you more than the opportunity to work. They offer you the chance to shape your world. Apply today.