Job Opportunity: Birmingham 2022 Head of Sustainability – Apply by 07/01/2021
The team are looking for a Head of Sustainability to join Birmingham 2022. The role requires leadership, advocacy and coordination across all stakeholders including B2022 functional areas (FA’s), and key B2022 partners such as Birmingham City Council, other local Councils, West Midlands Combined Authority, Transport for West Midlands, DCMS, the Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF), the supply chain, community groups and NGO’s and, where required, the international sporting and events community.
- Location- Birmingham
- Contract Type- Permanent
- Salary- £65,000 – £70,000
Duties and Skills Required
- Degree qualified in Environmental Management / Sciences / Sustainability (or equivalent).
- Substantial industry experience within sustainability, in recent senior management / leadership roles.
- Proven track record of achievement in sustainability sector (e.g. carbon management), in partnership with other agencies and organisations.
- A successful track record of leading the design and implementation (e.g. with supply chain) of sustainability strategies in a high-profile and complex environment.
- Proven ambassadorial ability and political astuteness, particularly in the context of engaging central and local government and local communities.
- Lead and manage the Organising Committee’s sustainability programme aligned with the Games Partners’ sustainability ambitions.
- Work with Games Partners and appropriate public and third sector bodies to negotiate and embed Games-related benefits activity into partner resourcing and activation plans.
- Develop, direct and deliver the Birmingham 2022 Organising Committee’s sustainability engagement with Games Partners, Stakeholders and Advocates in line with wider Communications and Marketing strategy and campaigns and Games Partner activities.
Read the full job description here.