Location: Birmingham, office based
Team: Inward Investment
Post Type: Full Time
Release Date: 9 August 2023
The Inward Investment team at West Midlands Growth Company promote the West Midlands as a location in which global organisations can invest, grow and thrive.
Your role will be to support the promotion the West Midlands region’s Advanced Manufacturing and Low Carbon sectors nationally and internationally, attracting job-creating and transformative investment.
They are currently seeking a Business Development Manager, who will be responsible for securing inward investment and business expansion projects from the advanced manufacturing and low carbon sectors. This will lead to sector growth and job creation across the West Midlands region.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Identifying and translating the strengths of, and opportunities within, the West Midlands into a compelling value proposition to attract job-creating investment within the advanced manufacturing and low carbon sectors, from key global and domestic investment markets
- Developing a strong knowledge of the manufacturing and low carbon sectors, forging relationships with key stakeholders and maintaining an understanding of the impact of policy and economic conditions on the sectors
- Generating and managing projects to deliver job creation in the region, as well as working alongside colleagues to ensure effective handling of projects across a range of sub-sectors and sizes
- Monitoring, reviewing and refining business development strategies. Undertaking external business development activity to identify, support and secure inward investment and expansion projects to achieve an increase in job creation.
- Undertaking planned marketing and leading generation activities to showcase the strengths and opportunities within the West Midlands, including the strengths of our university and commercial partners
- Working closely with the Department for Business and Trade and their relevant sector teams on agreed account management plans for strategic foreign direct investors, aimed at generating inward investment expansion projects
- Building influence within the relevant UK Government and international teams to ensure the West Midlands is perceived as an obvious region for them to direct inward investment opportunities to
If you are interested in applying for the role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org