Job Opportunity: Chase Community Solar
Are you looking for a job where you can make a real difference to the community and the planet?
Chase Community Solar (CCS) have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated self-employed person to join our team. We have funding to support community engagement activity as part of the Zero Carbon Rugeley (ZCR) project in Staffordshire. The successful candidate will work closely with Keele University who are leading the community engagement work for the ZCR project and work with the New Vic Theatre and other partners to help engage the local community in Rugeley with the development of the ZCR project.
ZCR is a consortium led by ENGIE which will design a Smart Local Energy System (SLES) to demonstrate how such a system can reduce carbon and energy costs for residents, whilst providing a catalyst for town regeneration and employment creation. The SLES aims to present an innovative, replicable energy solution – with new energy business models, local energy marketplaces and inclusive design offering benefits to the surrounding community. The scheme is therefore hoped to help establish a standard for many similar UK places to transition to zero carbon.
The team need need someone who is…
- Self-employed, fully IT proficient, with own transport and already set up for remote working with computer, internet and phone.
- Committed to tackling climate change and agrees with our aims and objectives to improve housing conditions for people living in fuel poverty and promote action to reach net zero.
- A leader and a team player – you’ll be working closely with the board and other project workers.
- Confident engaging with the community and partner organisations on all levels; all types of household, schools, businesses, community groups, councils, energy professionals etc.
- Experienced in community consultation
- Experienced in the energy sector, including managing projects and budgets.
- Experienced with securing funding.
- Preferably located within easy reach of Rugeley
Chase Community Solar is a non-profit community energy organisation, run by a team of voluntary directors and our aims are to reduce fuel poverty and tackle the Climate Emergency through developing community-led renewable energy generation schemes that provide a direct benefit to the local community. CCS owns solar installations on 312 Cannock Chase Council properties.
For the ZCR work a time commitment of around 6-8 days per month is anticipated. Alongside this you will have the opportunity to develop new projects and seek new funding which furthers our aims, with the approval of the Board of Directors. Working hours and remuneration for this project are negotiable. You will be expected to manage your own workload.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to Mike Kinghan, Chair of CCS, via email@example.com
The closing date is 7th August 2020. Phone or zoom interviews will take place w/c 17th August, with the successful applicant notified shortly thereafter to start as soon as possible.