Salary: £34,723 – £39,493
Job Reference: staffscc/TP/646/639
Contract Type: Permanent Full time
Working Hours: 37
Closing Date: 29 May 2023
Job Category: Climate Change
Business Unit: Connected & Sustainable County
Location: Stafford, United Kingdom
Are you passionate about climate change and sustainability?
Can you help develop and deliver Staffordshire County Council’s commitment to becoming “Net Zero” by 2050?
Whilst the core function of the role is to support E,I&S (Economy, Infrastructure and Skills) to contribute to the Corporate strategy and Climate Change Strategic Development Framework, as the Council develops its approach to climate change, this role will develop to enable service delivery.
You’ll be responsible for :
- facilitating the development of policy, operational documentation and reports to allow this transition across a variety of service areas across the authority
- the day to day activities of the Sustainability team to ensure the delivery of the Council’s strategic priority to “Tackle climate change, enhance their environment and make Staffordshire more sustainable”.
- maintaining the momentum and delivery of the Council’s strategic priorities reporting to the Sustainability Manager, you’ll also support the Head of Service: Sustainability and Waste Management to plan and develop Sustainability and Climate change for the future.
The Ideal Candidate
Most importantly you’ll want to make a real impact on climate change for the residents of Staffordshire and be able to:
- demonstrate a proven ability to deliver Communications projects, to facilitate behavioural change, as this is a key action within the Climate Change action plan.
- act as a primary point of contact for the Sustainability team internally – a good sense of time management that assists with delivery of the net zero journey is key.
So, if If you a passionate about Climate Change and Sustainability and have a resilience and determination to meet the challenges of the future, this role could be for you.
For more information about the role please contact: James Cartwright 07791 881923