Responsible to: Strategic Partnership Manager
Location: Hybrid working
Contacted Hours: 35 per week (Full-time)
Contract Duration: Fixed Term, 31 March 2025
Closing Date: 10 January 2024 at 10am
Proposed Interview Date: 22 January 2024
The Birmingham Voluntary Service Council (BVSC) seek to recruit a Consortium Project Manager.
They are looking for a knowledgeable and enthusiastic individual, with strong leadership and project management skills to join as a Consortium Project Manager– BrumEnergy (Local Energy Advice Demonstrator).
The BVSC is the primary infrastructure organisation for the Voluntary, Community, Faith and Social Enterprise Sector (The Voluntary and Community Sector) in Birmingham.
They have recently secured funding from Midlands Net Zero Hub/Department for Energy Security and Net Zero for a Local Energy Advice Demonstrator Project, supporting Birmingham’s citizens through the provision of advice and guidance on home energy efficiency measures.
BVSC is the lead partner and responsible for managing a small partnership comprised of local partners. This will provide for better support and co-ordination of the project across the city.
This role will involve managing the project on a day-to-day basis on behalf of BVSC and the Consortium.
Individual Consortium member organisations will also have their own individual project managers; it is the Consortium Project Manager’s role to ensure that the Consortium as a whole produces the project requirements according to time, cost, quality, scope, risk and benefits – and ultimately to benefit the residents of Birmingham City.
Purpose of the Role:
- Developing Internal and Consortium Communications
- Financial and Contract Management
- Meeting and Events Management
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Developing & Delivering Project Communications Strategy
- Delivering Project Management Records and Reporting
- Research and Learning
- Supporting Project Board and Team
- Recruitment of Project Team
- Administration Oversight
Please see the job description for a full description of the role, and the employee specification you will need to refer to in your covering letter.
Working for BVSC:
The BVSC is proud to provide a place to work in which staff feel valued and motivated.
The organisation’s culture is underpinned by 4 core values – Commitment, Collaboration, Inclusion and Integrity.
Terms and conditions:
- 35 hour working week
- 29 days annual leave + bank holidays a year
- 5% pension contribution
- 3.5 times salary Death in service benefit
- BVSC is a Living Wage Employer
- Hybrid working, allowing staff to divide their working hours between the city centre office and their home
- Flexible working arrangements available for staff
- A flextime system is in place for staff
- 7 days paid leave per year for undertaking voluntary work or public duties
- Generous maternity and paternity pay
- Support of staff to undertake training and development, providing funding and time off for study
Values based approach:
- A values led approach to the full employee journey including values based interview, and values based supervision and appraisals
- Free access to a range of wellbeing platforms
- BVSC offers all employees a suite of wellbeing support
The BVSC are looking for candidates that can demonstrate the following BVSC organisational values:
- Commitment: Making a positive difference through passion, innovation and social action
- Collaboration: Connecting people and organisations to work together to improve lives
- Inclusion: Empowering and involving everyone in creating a fair and equitable Birmingham
- Integrity: Building trust through delivering excellent outcomes
Suitably experienced applicants from a wide range of backgrounds are encouraged to apply and join BVSC.
Applicants are encouraged to think creatively about how they can meet the requirements of the role and person specification. If there are essential criteria you do not meet, so please describe this in your application.
Closing date for applications – 10 January 2024 at 10:00.
Interviews to take place – 22 January 2024.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and cover letter addressing the employee specification included in the job description to Recruitment@bvsc.org.
This email address will not be monitored between 18 December 2023 – 02 January 2024, but you will receive confirmation of your application submission via automated email.
Interviews for this post will be held on 22 January 2024.
Please note there will be two parts to the interview process:
A face to face values based interview: A panel of two trained values interviewers from across the organisation will ask you two questions based on the BVSC values of Commitment, Collaboration, Inclusion and Integrity. Values based interview questions are structured to encourage the candidate to reflect on their process, motivation, learning, and outcomes. This is expected to last for 20 minutes.
Face to face competency interview: The competency interview will consist of a series of questions structured to encourage the candidate to discuss their skills and experience relevant to the role. This is expected to last for 45 minutes.
Candidates invited to interview will be required to provide proof of eligibility for employment (for example a document which confirms your NI number).
If there are sufficient applications for the role, the BVSC will close this vacancy early. Therefore if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
Secondments will be considered.