Closing date: 16 June 2023
Employment type: Permanent
Location: Loughborough with hybrid working
Remuneration: £32k – £37k dependent on experience
Can you influence the future direction of transport in the UK and Europe? If so, there is a fantastic opportunity for you to use your communication experience and copywriting skills at Cenex as their PR and Communications Officer.
This role will be reporting to the Events and Marketing Manager and will focus on raising the profile of the Cenex brand, activities and services. Joining as Copywriter, PR and Communications Officer you will enjoy a high level of variety in your workload, with the opportunity to influence thinking across a wide spectrum of private and public sector and stakeholders.
SWM member Cenex focuses on low emission transport and associated energy infrastructure and operates as an independent, not-for-profit research technology organisation (RTO) and consultancy, specialising in project delivery, innovation support and market development. The company employs circa 35 people over two offices in the UK and Netherlands.
In the role of PR and Communication Officer, you will be responsible for but not limited to:
• Developing and implementing an effective media and communications strategy
• Writing press releases and articles on all platforms.
• Writing content for case studies, journals, newsletters, website etc.
• Editing technical content for a general audience
• Monitoring and reporting on multimedia effectiveness.
• Delivering effective Public Relations and marketing campaigns.
• Building and maintaining relationships with local, regional and national media.
• Support with creation of marketing materials across the business
To be considered for the role you are likely to have:
• A degree in a relevant subject such as Journalism, English Language, PR or Marketing.
• At least 2 years’ experience in Copywriting, Journalism Communications or PR.
• An engaging and creative writing style across varied digital media.
• Experience with using adobe creative cloud platforms i.e InDesign and Photoshop.
• A high level of competence in Microsoft Office.
• Effective organisational and prioritising skills.
Experience of photographic/video editing for social media would be an advantage.
Cenex is an exciting and rewarding place to work, providing the opportunity to make a real difference in the world by working with an exceptional team of talented, dedicated, and supportive individuals who are committed to reducing the environmental impact of transport.
In addition to a competitive salary, Cenex offer significant benefits such as flexible working hours, hybrid working policy, generous holiday entitlement (27 days plus statutory), stakeholder pension scheme (7.5% employer contribution) and electric vehicle/e-bike salary sacrifice scheme. Plus you will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with Cenex through their broad range of projects, mentoring, and a personalised approach to your learning and development.
This role is available for an immediate start. To apply, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered
Closing date: Friday 16 June 2023 or earlier depending on the number of applications received. Interviews will be held as soon as possible after applications have been reviewed.