Salary: £27,852 – £32,020 per annum
Contract: 23 month fixed term
Contracted Hours: 37
Closing Date: 27 September 2023
Proposed Interview Date: 6 October 2023
Herefordshire Council seeks to recruit a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and dynamic individual, with excellent organisational, project management and communication skills to help deliver and achieve the Council’s Electric Vehicle (EV) infrastructure ambitions.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Council’s Sustainability & Climate Change team, responsible for carbon reduction, active travel initiatives, adaptation, and energy. Herefordshire Council is looking for a motivated Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Strategy Officer who has excellent communication and management skills, whereby training on EV will be provided to new officers.
With this role, you will be required to:
- Update and put forward an Electric Vehicles Strategy
- Support with bids for funding to undertake transport projects and support actions in the EV strategy
- Analyse data in relation to transport patterns and assist with the development and review of policy and strategy
- Support in commissioning and project managing the work of consultants appointed to support the uptake of EVs in the County
- Contribute to the development of the Local Transport Plan and associated monitoring reports, as required by Government
- Support in analysis of data using suitable transport planning software including models (training will be provided)
- Respond to enquiries from the public and other organisations regarding EV transport issues in the County
- Contribute to promoting the use of sustainable forms of transport to the public and other organisations
- Organise and carry out public consultation on transport issues, including attending public meetings as required
- Assist with review of planning applications in terms of transport impacts, providing advice and guidance to area engineers and development control planners
Applicants should outline how they meet the criteria in the person specification, in their covering letter.